Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Flourless Chocolate Cake - Happy Birthday Man!

Mmmm. And again, mmmm! Whipped up the flourless chocolate cake from the Gluten Free Bible for Man's birthday... well, mostly from the GFB - I really do try to follow recipes exactly, I just seem to have this tinkering thing I can't get control of (just minor tinkering here, used half unsweetened and half semi-sweet instead of the called-for breakdown). Anyway, it was fabulous. Warm, molten, chocolaty goodness that made us feel like we were in a fancy steak house.   And believe it not, it's even fabulous out of the fridge - like a fudgy piece of real cake. Don't miss the gluten in this baby!


In it's water bath, about to go into the oven..


                                                YAY, it actually came out of the pan - in one piece, while still warm!


Flipping it back over was a little challenging - some of it molted right out the top through that crack, maybe I should have baked an extra couple of minutes?


With a chocolate covered strawberry & a dollop of the whipped cream Z-bug whipped up for the occasion, giving her little arm quite a workout - but how excited she was to watch it turn from cream and a dash of (organic cane) sugar to real whipped cream all by herself!




                                        Happy Birthday, Man! We love you ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I googled this recipe to find reviews and I came upon your post. I have tried this cake twice now and it has come out bad both times. Your picture of it looks absolutely fantastic. I think I will try it again just one more time and maybe cook it for significantly longer this next time. Thanks for giving me a little bit of hope :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could offer something more helpful than cross your fingers & good luck ... but that's pretty much what worked for me. No idea if it's a feat that can be repeated but I hope so - it was truly delicious! Let me know if third times the charm?!

      Delete